Tuesday 31 January 2012

Paper

Working with collage means that I have developed a magpie-like eye for colours and textures. I once bought a table on the basis that I liked the peeling paper that was stuck to the top, so taken was I by the fragile texture and shade of the paint that cracked and crept across its surface.

Working on the Art Journal all Year project has meant sorting through the boxes of collage papers and magazine cuttings that I have been storing for a long time. It is wonderful to be using them for a good and constructive purpose.




Old, amaretti papers (although I prefer to call them amoretti which means little loves. Apt), a receipt that once fell out of a charity shop book, pattern papers and linen cloths. And Dolly. I can't wait to use this image for something!



The journal asks that I layer images from magazines, papers, fabrics and embellishments, before adding a 'journal challenge' thought. I downloaded a laptop wallpaper the other day which had the phrase 'give yourself a break' printed across it. It is a useful reminder at the moment. Luckily, half term is on its way...